Saturday, July 6, 2013

Brown-Knowles Family Reunion

For the 4th of July we headed up to the Salt Lake area to attend the Brown-Knowles reunion. It was so fun to get together with all of my family. There were some that we have not seen in quite a few years. We all really had a great time catching up and just hanging out. Geoff and I got a hotel room so that I could be comfortable and not have to sleep on a couch at someones house. It would have been really hard considering I was not really sleeping well through the night by this point in my pregnancy. I am sure glad that we made that decision because we ended up spending a lot of time there. We took a nap one afternoon that was amazing! We also got to have some pool time with the Curtis family.
This is the whole group. It is crazy to think that we are not even all here. There are so many of us and we just keep growing as people get married and have kids. It is so exciting to get to see where we are going and I cant wait to see how each and every one of us develop and grow!
The Curtis family that was able to attend. We were sad that Megan and her family was unable to make it. With them having just moved to Wisconsin they were unable to make the trip back to Utah so soon. We really missed them and the excitement that her 3 girls bring.
Where it all started! My mom and her siblings! Plus Grandma and Grandpa!

Shelby is such an adorable girl! I just love her to pieces! When we were saying goodbye she was already in her seat in the car and she asked me if I would put my belly in the car for her to hug Allison! It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. Of course I did just as she asked! Who could tell her no!




It was a lot of fun hanging out waiting for the fireworks. We sure did take up a lot of space with all of us there. We had a few sparklers for the kids to do but we forgot a lighter. So I walked around asking people if they could light things for us. I am sure that some of my family was embarrassed by my actions but I am not afraid and the looks on Shelby and Addison's faces was totally worth it.
We spent the day walking around that cemetery looking at old church member graves. It was a lot of fun but it was really hot and I ended up in the car about half way through. It is really hard to get out in the heat and walk around at 7 months pregnant. 

Shelby posing next to a grave that had her name on it. She was so excited that she had found one that had her name on it. She insisted that she get her picture taken with it.

I have such an amazing family and I am so glad that we got to spend the weekend with them. It is always a lot of fun to get together. I wish that we could do it more often but we are all busy and living in different states now so it is really hard to make it work for everyone. I cant wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment