Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hoover Dam

Geoff and I decided to take a ride to Vegas on the Harley. When we left Saint George it was really cloudy so we dressed warm prepared for the rain. As we were getting into the gorge it started to rain. It was a long ride trough the gorge as we had to drive slow because of the water on the road and the water the trucks we were passing were shooting out. 
We stopped in Mesquite for gas and had to strip out of our warm clothes. It was getting quite warm. By the time we got to Vegas we had to stop and buy sunscreen. It is crazy the difference in weather over just a couple hundred miles. We went to the Harley store and had breakfast at a customer appreciation party. Before heading home we decided that we should head out to Hoover Dam.
I am so glad that we decided to take this detour. It ended up being a great day and the water was beautiful. It was really fun to be able to just sit on the back of the bike and check out the scenery. 
Don't we look so sexy in our helmets? In the state of Utah you don't have to wear a helmet but in Arizona and Nevada you have to wear them. I always feel so top heavy when I wear mine. It is a pretty cute helmet though. It has a pink Harley sticker on the front. 

Taking a few photos of ourselves trying to get the water in the back ground. You would be amazed at how many pictures we ended up taking to get one that had both of us in the picture where most of us were not cut off. It was a lot of fun taking all the pictures. I am pretty sure that Geoff was sick of me by the time I got one that we both looked decent in. 
A view of the Dam from up on the bridge. It really is pretty. I cant believe how low the water is though. You can see the line on the rocks where the water has been before. I guess that is what happens after being in a drought for years.
Posing with the Memorial Monument. I really did learn a lot of stuff on this trip. We walked around and read all of the signs and learned about the construction of the bridge. It really was a fun trip. I hope to do many more trips like this to other places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment