Friday, February 1, 2013

Disneyland Day 1

We finally made it. I have wanted to go to Disneyland for so long and have been trying to work out a day for us to go with Geoff's family in California. We finally worked it out and on February 1st we made it there. J, Cyndi, Breanne, and baby Ellie joined us in the morning for some fun. We rode on so many rides. We started with Indiana Jones. When I went to Disneyland as a kid it was one of my favorite rides. It would appear that my motion sickness is a lot worse now than it was then. I was not feeling so well when we got off the ride. The fresh air was good to get back into. How in the world did we ride it so many times before when we were little? Tiffanie, Megan, do you remember?
I got to feel like a real tourist because they let me get an autograph book and even stood in line with me so that I could get all of the characters autographs. I was so excited to get my picture taken with so many of the characters. It made it so much fun. Geoff was a good sport and tagged along the whole time with me. He even smiled in most of the pictures. I sure do love him.
We made our way over to the Star Tours ride. I had heard so much hype about the new ride and I was excited to ride on it. Lucky me almost didnt make it out of there with out throwing up. I was so sick. Geoff felt so bad because it was on of the rides that he really wanted to go on and it made me feel terrible. I was ready to go home after that but ofcourse the night was still young and there was still so much that we needed to do and see.
Breanne and Ellie left and we were joined by Little J, Brenda, and Baby J. We went on some more rides and got Garadelli Icecream and then went and watched the fire works. Baby J was so funny. He was all hyped up on sugar and was running around like crazy. He reminded me of the birds from the movie Nemo. The ones that go mine mine mine. Anyways he kept signing more and saying more more more. He wanted more ice cream and was upset when he could not have anymore. It was all gone.
The fire works were so cool. We did not have the best seats but they were good enough. We got to see the castle and all the fireworks light up behind it. Plus we were close to the exit so it was easy to get out of there when it was all over. We didnt get stuck in a whole lot of traffic on the way out. Which was very nice. I was so tired after the first day there that I fell asleep in the car and when we got home managed to crawl into my pajamas and into bed before I was out for the count. It was nice that I was able to fall asleep so fast because day 2 was going to be a busy one and we were looking forward to it.















No comments:

Post a Comment