Sunday, March 17, 2013

Kathie's Farewell and 2 baby blessings

I am afraid that I did not get any pictures this day. It was a very busy day and Geoff and I had a lot going on. We started the morning off by going up to Dammeron Valley to attend his sister Kathie's mission farewell. She is serving in the Charlotte North Carlonia mission. We are so proud of her. She gave a wonderful talk and the family all was there to support her. Kathie wrote a letter to all of her siblings and I thought it was so sweet of her to send a part of testimony home with each of the siblings.
When sacrament was over we all headed over to Momma Kathie's house for lunch. There were so many people there that we didn't get to talk to Kathie much. I was sad that we could  not spend more time with her because it would be the last time that I would get to see her before she left on her mission the following week. I was able to say goodbye and give her one last hug before we headed out the door. They were having dinner at Hal's house on Sunday but because I had to work I was unable to attend. I had requested work off for the following Sunday but because of some last minute changes the farewell was moved forward a week so I had to miss out on some of the celebrations.
We would have had more time to spend with her except that Bart and Michelle were blessing their baby Reaggan. Tia and Voi were also blessing their baby. It was a fun day but I was exhausted  by the time the blessings were over. Instead of staying to have lunch and chat Geoff and I headed home for naps. I just cant seem to stay awake very long any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment