Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spectrum 10K

Running in races is the only reason that I enjoy running. People always  talk about a runners high. I can honestly say that I have never really experienced a runners high while I was training or just running. I get a high when I am running in a race doing something that I didnt think I could ever do. It is so amazing to see how far you can push your body and what it can handle.
When I found out I was pregnant I decided that I was going to run as much as I could before the baby came. It is amazing how quickly your body can change and what once was very easy can become difficult. When I had some friends ask me to do this race I was quick to say yes. It is one that I have done before and I knew the course to be not so hard. Boy was I mistaken on that one.
On the day of the race I caught a ride up to the bus with Michelle, Tia, and Tara. We were running a bit behind and almost missed the bus. We had to run a whole block to make it to the bus. And when I say run I dont mean like a nice jog. I was pretty much full out sprinting to get to the last bus as it was pulling out. When we got on the bus we found out that it was standing room only.
On the bus ride up to the start of the race. I was not sure if I was going to make it off the bus. A combination of the smell, being to close to to many people, and pregnancy I almost passed out and threw up on the bus. I sure was glad that we made it to the start pretty fast and that we were at the front of the bus so I was able to get off quickly. When we got to the starting line we had to wait around for about 40 minutes. It was fun to hang out and chat and get all psyched for the race.
As the race started we all were going to kinda stay together but then Tara and I decided that we were going to run ahead and just do our own thing. As we were running we started to feel bad because we had told Tia that we would stay with her. So we started walking and were waiting for them to catch up. Michelle caught up with us and was walking with us for awhile. Tara decided that she wanted to try and get a good time in the race so she ran off without us.
Michelle and I waited for Tia and her friend Hailey to catch up with us. When they did they said that we did not need to stay with them so Michelle and I did a walk run for the rest of the race. It was so fun to see Michelle push so hard at the end of the race. She wanted to stop and walk because I had been making her run for awhile and I pushed her to finish the race at a run. There was alot of family at the finish line for Michelle so it was so cool to see them all so proud of her for pushing hard to the end. I cant lie I might have had a few tears as I was crossing the finish line with her.
I do not think that I will ever say that running is my passion but I think that it brings out the best in those that run and the people that are around them. I know that it has made a difference in my life. So even though most of the time I hate to run I will continue to do it!
If I can get a picture from someone I will upload it here! Not sure if anyone has one that they can send to me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment