Sunday, January 8, 2012

California Trip for Ellie's Blessing

We made the trip down to California for Ellie's baby blessing. But we decided to have a little bit of fun while we were there. We hit up the go carts and the speed racing At Speed Zone. It also has an arcade that is like Fiesta Fun on steroids. But our favorite part is the speed track. They have 4 cars that are all in a line. You strap into your car and then it is like you are racing the drag strip. You have to hold the brake while the lights change from red, than yellow, and then green. When the green light turns on you have to hit the gas, then while you are flying down the strip there is a cone and when you get to that cone you have to hit the boost. It slams you back into your seat. You go so fast. It is so intense. You get 3 runs down the track. Because we got there so early and they were just getting things started and having a few problems we got to go more times than is normal. This excited all of us. The speed track is expensive. This is the guys all time favorite place to go. It is a lot of fun. But I must admit that I have a hard time letting them spend so much money. I would much rather go to Disneyland and wander around. But don't tell them that. I am afraid that they would not agree with me.
Here the boys are standing in line. The way that this works is that you pay for a card and it gives you a certain amount of time before it runs out. You can go on as many rides as you want before the money on the card runs out. The problem is that you spend a lot of the time just standing in line waiting for the ride. J and Jordan are not much for getting their pictures taken. So I could never really get them to smile or half the time be in the picture at all. So this is what I got. Not great but could have been worse.
Geoff in the go cart ready to go. I am pretty sure that we were all talking smack on everyone else.

I am pretty sure that I won all the rounds. No matter what the boys say!

I was so excited to get Geoff to take a picture with me. As I was looking back at them I was impressed with how good of a picture we were able to get. Then someone pointed out that we had a photo bomber. Freaking Uncle J stuck his head right into the back. I was so mad because Geoff thought it was so funny and would not take another picture with me. Little stinker.
Geoff, Jordan, and J all dressed to the max.
Preston, Ellie, and Breanne.
The boys figured since we were all dressed up after church that we needed to do the trophy awards ceremony. Geoff had won the fantasy football season and that meant that the trophy was coming home with us. It was bitter sweet for J to let it go. Geoff was so happy that he won. He couldn't wait to get the trophy home and find a place for it.

J being sad to let it go.

Geoff showing off his name. He is so happy it is finally on there.

In the end J was happy to give it up. Or at least he posed like he was. I was happy to get at least one picture of the both of them smiling. They sure have so much fun together. Thanks so much for the fun weekend Heritage family. We sure do love coming out to visit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment