January is always a busy month for my family. Both sides of it. There are many birthdays and a lot of celebrating going on. This birthdays in January are My mother in law Kathie, my sister in law Chelsea, my brother Tyler, and then I share my birthday with Geoff's twin sisters Karen and Kathie. Every year for our birthdays we have a party up at Momma Kathie's house. There is always dinner and cake with icecream. You can never go wrong with that!
This is Rachel. She also happens to have a birthday the day after mine so she is lucky enough to get to spend it with us also. We sure do love her!
A top view of the cake. I think they were trying to put as many candles in is as years old we are but when you have a person turning 28 and tow people turning 20 that is a lot of candles. I can only imagine how birthday in the future are going to be for the Demke side of the family. There are so many already and when everyone starts having kids there is going to be a birthday every month is seems like. Right now as it is between Geoff's family and mine we have at least one birthday in every month of the year except February. And that is just with siblings and parents and nieces. I would say nephews but at this point in time we do not have any of those. Who would have thought that we would have 4 nieces soon to be 5 and still not have a nephew. I am holding out for Randy and Nikki to have a boy. They are expecting a baby in June but are not finding out the sex of it. I will be happy no matter what it is but really I would love to have a nephew! Wow that was a long tangent, now back to birthday party!
The picture on the left is of us girls being sang happy birthday to. In the Demke family they have a very unique way of doing this. The first time that they sang happy birthday I was like what in the heck is going on. Now it is just a fun thing that we as a family do. Does your families have different ways of singing happy birthday? The second picture is of all four of us actually looking at the camera after we have blown the candles out. I am so happy that I am apart of this family!
And what is a post with out the only niece and grandchild on this side of the family. I love that she actually smiled for the camera! She is such a sweet girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment