January 21, 2012
This year I have decided to run the marathon. I know that I said I was going to try and do it last year and then never did, but now I am sad that I did not at least try and do it. Michelle and I have decided that we are going to do it together. So in January in the rain we ran in our first 5k of the year. This was Michelle's first 5k ever and she did amazing. I love that she wants to do these with me and it has been such a blast sharing my experience with her.
So while we were trying to get to the race Geoff and I almost missed it. They had closed off part of the road for the race and the traffic was so bad that we didn't think that we would make it in time for the race to start. To make matters worse we had picked up out bags together and I didn't know which number was whose. This is a big deal because they post your times and everything by your number. I was running a different race so it would have really messed things up.We did get things figured out and I managed to make to to my race right as it was starting. I had to hop over a fence to get into the crowd of people as they were moving to the starting line. I didn't get to meet up with Michelle before the race because we were late. I was sad about that but because the course was kinda a loop I got to see her while she was on the road and I was on the path. Then I went back to find her and finished the race with her. I really had a good time doing this with her. It is really fun to see people faces when they finish a race for the first time!
Here we are waiting in the rain for Geoff to finish the half marathon. This man is amazing. He will push himself to do something that he has set his mind to. He ran this race with out even training for it. I thought he was crazy and after the race he knew he was crazy but he did finish it. I am so proud that he will do what he sets his mind to. He is such an amazing man!
Geoff and I after he finished the race. He got a finishers metal! I am really so proud of him. I can not say it enough times. He really is an inspiration to me. The last picture is of all 3 of us. This really was a great experience and I am so glad that Michelle is running with me. We all finished and we all survived the day. All in all I would say that it made for a fun rainy January morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment