For the biggest loser we had different challenges. One of them was an obstacle course.The had all of the team captains come forward and draw out a number to see which teams when in what order. Of course I drew number 1. It was so hard having to go first because we didn't really know what was going on and we just had to kind of wing it. But after it was all said and done I was glad that we went first because some people were having to do it in the dark. Because most of the course was outside they didn't get the advantage that we did having it be light outside.
The first part of the course was the scooters. One person had to sit down on a scooter and another had to push them through the cones. When they got to the other side they switched places and came back in opposite positions. A couple of our team mates had to go twice because others could not do it. It was pretty crazy sitting on this little scooter cruising along the blacktop. Bobbi is pushing me and then I am pushing her back.
The next part of the course was the tire carry. There were two different ways that you could do this. You could put the tire up over your shoulder and run with it that way or you could flip it end over end. You could not roll it. I ended up having a bruise on my shoulder after and it was very tender. I also wore some shorts that I have not worn for a long time and I was glad that I had on spandex under them because the shorts kept falling off and people would have been able to see everything. I would have been so embarrassed if my bare hiney was hanging out.
The next part of the course was a 3 legged race. This is me and Bobbi again. We had to tie a nylon around our ankles and then run a distance. I ended up doing this again with Josh. It was a lot easier with Bobbi because we were about the same height. We got in a rhythm and then just went for it.
Then we had to jump up and over different steps that were set at different heights. It was like a box jump. After that we had to do the boccee balls where one person would take it and set it down and then stand on the ball and then another person would hand one over to them and they would set that one down and then more to it and the second person would move onto the first ball and so on and so forth until all 10 of us were standing on the balls. It was so hard and my legs were shaking so bad. If you fell off the balls your team would get docked points. It was so hard to do. I am holding a bocee ball in my hands in the photo below just in case you were wondering what it is.
The next step was for everyone to line up and toss different weighted balls down a line to the other side. If a ball got dropped it had to go back to the beginning of the line and start over. Once all the balls got to one end they had to go back the way that they came one at a time. Unfortunately I was one of the people on my team that dropped the ball. I was disappointed in it but what can you do. It was a 12 pound ball that was about the size of a soccer ball.
We then ran over to the pavilion where we hoped up and over the planters and proceeded to remove our clothing. Now don't be thinking dirty thoughts we were all wearing our bathing suits underneath. Not our birthday suits. We then were hosed off by one of the trainers and the water was freezing. Like take your breath away cold. That was no fun at all.
We had to jump in the pool and make our way across to the other side. You could get there anyway that worked for you. I waited for Patty and we ran across the pool together. When you got to the other side you had to jump out and head up the stairs to the water slide. For those of you who have not been to the Washington City Community Center it is like 3 flights of stairs to get to the top. I was so tired by the time that I just wanted to be finished. In order to finish you have to go down the slide and then make your way over to the stairs. When your whole team is on the stairs then the timer stops. As I was coming out of the slide I swear that my feet came up over my head. I have never been down this slide and it was crazy.
This is me after the race. It is good to know that I was still smiling when I was finished. The Pink Panthers finished the whole course in 16 minutes and like 5 seconds. We took 6th place out of 10 teams. I was so proud of my team. They all did amazing and it was a lot of fun.
Tia came to see me and a couple of her other friends and brought Brooklyn and Addison. We got to play in the pool afterwords and it was a lot of fun. Brooklyn was scared of when the water dropped so she would not go up to go down the slides on her own. I took her up there and we got splashed on so bad. She was freaking out. But we went down the slide and she was better. She then wanted to go down the slide over and over again. Man was I ready to be done way before she was!
No comments:
Post a Comment