As part of the Biggest Loser contest all of the contenstants had to compete in a race. It was a 5k, 9k, or half marathon. Geoff and I had already signed up for the half marathon so that is the one that I ended up doing. I was so not prepared for this. I thought that I was but when it came down to it I really was not.
Michelle also ran the 9k. Bart and the girls came to cheer her on. Thomas was also there to cheer on some friends of his. The little brat did not even stay to cheer for his own brother. Geoff was sad when he learned that Thomas did not stay. Sometimes I get frustrated with his family because they do not come out and support him more, but then I realize that he does not really invite them to anything so I don't blame them for not coming.
Michelle and the girls after her race waiting for Geoff and I to finish. I am not sure what this thing is but Bart had the camera and this was on there so I thought I would post it so that everyone could see that Michelle and the girls were there.
Bart must have gotten distracted or not seen that it was Geoff coming becaue the only picture I have of him is the side and back of him. I guess they missed him when he was farther back.
Yup the is me finishing. I was still running but I was hurting. Geoff is in his shirt and tie now and is running beside me carrying Brooklyn. That tells you how slow I was running by the time I got to the end. Geoff was making a movie after the race that is why he is all dressed up. The race finished right by my sister Megans house and she let Geoff come over and shower so that he could be on time to his movie making and still be able to see me finish. I was very happy that she let us do that but sad that she did not bring the girls down to see me finish.
I am not sure why we did not get a picture together like we do at every race but Michelle was waiting for me about 200 meters from the finish line and I dont think that I would have been able to keep running if she was not there to run with me. I was so dead tired. I am happy now that it is over and I have the next race to look forward to but this was really just no fun at all. I am proud of myself for doing it and I know that I will run another one but I hope that by then I am in a bit better shape and that I can beat my time again. I did beat my last half marathon time by 11 minutes. I was so happy about that. It was part of my goal and I did it!
No comments:
Post a Comment