Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sand Hollow with the Curtis family

There is nothing like getting together with family and having a little bit of fun. No one really tells you that to much fun can be a bad thing right? We started off the morning like any other morning when we are trying to go somewhere. LATE... Not the way my dad wanted things to go but really with 6 kids 6 and under how do you expect us to all be up and ready to leave by 8 am. We did manage to get everyone loaded up and on the road by 8:30. Not to shabby if you ask me. Geoff had to work so Allison and I rode with my parents out to the lake and Tiffanie, Megan and all the girls rode together in another car. 
When we got out to the lake we put Alli in the car with everyone else and mom and I got on the wave runners and headed down into the water. Dad let us off and headed to the other side to find everyone. Mom and I rode across the lake and it was a lot of fun to get out on the wave runner again. I dont remember them being such a workout before. Guess I am just getting old. We finally found where they were at and pulled up on the beach and got everything set up. Alli was such a trooper. She just hung out and enjoyed being with people.
Everyone played in the water and we tried to get all the little girls to go on a ride on the wave runners but Shelby was the only one that was brave enough to go for a ride. She wanted to go again and again. It reminded me of when I was younger and we would spend hours out riding on the lake. I remember that I could flip around in a mean 360. I didn't dare do it this trip for fear of throwing myself off into the water. 
Pretty much the only picture I got of Alli. She played in the water a bunch and then hung out in the pack and play with Quinn.
Our little beach. Lots of sand toys.
Brooklyn pretending to be Ariel coming out of the water and getting her legs. 
Peyton is our little fish. She would have stayed in the water all day if she could have.
Pretending to drive all over the lake but was terrified when the wave runner turned on.
Beach Babe!
Papa showing everyone how it is done.
Playing mermaids.
I just cant get enough of that smile. I love this girl to pieces!
There is nothing better than playing in the sand all day long.
So we really only stayed for half of the day because everyone was getting tired and the wind had picked up. We decided to load up the cars and head home. Let me tell you though. The sand can get really hot after a few hours of the sun blazing on it. We all got our feet burned trying to load up the cars and get everything back up the hill. Lucky for me I brought the carrier for Alli and she slept through most of the packing. She really is such a good kid and adapts to anything that we are doing.
When we got home Alli and I headed straight back to the house to take a shower and have a nap. I was really worried about her getting swimmers itch because it is active in the lake. We were really lucky and it didn't look like anyone was going to have a problem. Little did I know that the next day I would find out that I got swimmers itch and so did dad and most of Megans kids. I sure am glad that I knew what I could take to help with the itching. Since I had gotten it last year I knew that an allergy pill would help with the itching and I was able to only have about an hour of really miserable time. I think that I am truly blessed that we knew what to do for it this time around.
We sure love hanging out with family and cant wait to do it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment