Saturday, April 28, 2012

Laughlin

This post is all about Geoff. Over the weekend he had the change to go on his first long distance bike ride. He was pretty stoked about it. My dad invited him to tag along on the annual all guys Laughlin trip. I have to say that I was a little  bummed that it was all guys but it was good for Geoff to get out there and have some fun. I don't have much to say about it because I was not there but Geoff said that he really had a good time. They rode out to Laughlin and stopped in different places along the way.
Funny story that Geoff told me when he got back. They were in some town (Ottoman) I believe. When Scott Gibson stopped to take a picture with a burro. He was speeding to catch up with the group and got pulled over. Problem was that he does not have a motorcycle license, the bike is not in his name, he has no insurance for it, and the group was ahead of him so he had no one to back him up. It may sound like a bad day for him. But he managed to talk his way out of it all. Smooth talker!
Geoff said that they also rode over the Hoover Dam. He said it was crazy because you are so high up. He then said something about how it would only be scary if you walked up to the edge and looked down. He said that if a person ever thought about killing themselves this would be the place to do it. Kind of a bad thought but I guess when you are looking straight down from way up in the air it is a thought that would cross your mind.
He had a great time and cant wait to go again. Next time I will make him take me with. I would love to go on a long ride and one day it will happen. I just have to wait my turn! Soon enough. To all of you that are riders you will know what I am talking about when I say there is nothing better then sitting on a Harley with the wind blowing you in the face. It is a wonderful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment