Saturday, April 21, 2012

Walk for Diabetes

This morning Geoff and I and some of his family had the opportunity to walk/run in a walk to help fund diabetes. Geoff's sister Jill was diagnosed with Type 1 a few years ago and she called and asked us if we would like to come and support her team. It was the first annual walk held her in St. George. It was a huge success. Geoff Sarah, and Kathie took off in the beginning and ran the whole thing. Michelle and I had the girls in a double stroller so we ran and walked with them. We then waited at the finish line for Momma Kathie, Karen, Braxton, Jill, Brett, and Bart. They all walked the whole thing. It was a 5k and I was impressed that  they all did the whole thing. Marian only ran one lap and then was done. Geoff did give her a little bit of crap about that.




I love this picture of Michelle and I because I think that it makes me look skinny. Yes I am allowed to be vain like that it is my blog and since no one really reads it I can say it!
Some of the gang that was there. This is not everyone but most of us. I sure do love being a part of this family. They make everything so fun.

Brooklyn sure does love her Uncle Geoff. She would chase him and then when he would turn around towards her she would start to run away so that Geoff would grab her and swing her around. He sure is a good sport about playing with them.
After the race they had a BBQ and let everyone sit and enjoy the nice weather. They had a bounce house and a slide for all of the kids to play on. I just so happened to run into Megan and the girls who had walked a lap and then played for awhile. I really love getting to see those two little ladies and I wish that I had time to see them more often. They sure do brighten up my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment